CycleOut London

Bloody First Capital Connect !!!
The train from London Bridge was 20 mins late, at Gatwick they changed it into a fast train to Brighton which meant we had to get off and wait for the next train, the next train didn't stop at Burgess Hill so we got off at Haywards Heath and cycled the 5 miles to Burgess Hill. The guys already at Burgess Hill had to wait for the rest of us, basically we started an hour late !
The ride was lovely, mostly quiet country lanes, pub lunch at the Yew Tree Inn was excellent and big portions. It was so warm we ate outside.
We will not be going back to the pub we stopped at for afternoon tea 2 miles out of Burgess Hill on the way back - greeting from the landlady behind the bar as we walked in "Just said to my locals, I'll scream if they order tea", "Six teas please" I replied. Miserable cow!
It was the first time some of us had met Phil the Mouth and I think most of us who were on the receiving end would agree that it was a pleasurable experience, Julian (Miller) didn't seem too pleased with what he got from the Mouth.
It was an hilarious day out, full of adventure and sunshine. I'll be doing this again in the summer when there are leaves on the trees.

20140308 134709
    20140308 141755
(As promised to the guys on the ride, I did not disclose that unfortunate incident that occurred after lunch. An incident so embarrassing it left the whole group, including Phil the Mouth, momentarily speechless)